K0s, the Kubernetes distribution for bare-metal
Further information can be found on their website: k0sproject.io.
The reasons we are using k0s instead of kubeadm, k3s, ...:
- It's light and customizable via a single YAML file, in a declarative way, therefore we can store the configuration of the whole cluster inside a git repository.
- It allows HA, multi-node and single node deployment.
- It runs with a single binary, k0s.
- It's open-source, including cfctl.
- It's a vanilla Kubernetes meaning it gets updated fast.
- It allows easy upgrade, backup and restores.
ClusterFactory aims to be an orchestrator for many various workloads, including bare-metal and cloud workloads. Maintainability, ease of use, and declarative configuration are the keys to good long-term development. And that's exactly what k0s brings us.